Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big 12 Preseason Poll is announced

Late last month, members of the sports media who follow the Big 12 Conference, announced the pre-season standings for the members of the Big Twelve Conference. I can say that I would have to agree with the poll for the most part although I would like to see the Iowa State Cyclones ranked a little higher.




For the Big 12 Northern Division, the rankings were:
1) Nebraska Cornhuskers
2) Kansas Jayhawaks
3) Missouri Tigers
4) Colorado Buffaloes
5) Kansas State Wildcats
6) Iowa State Cyclones


And in the Big 12 Southern Division:
1) Texas Longhorns
2) Oklahoma Sooners
3) Oklahoma State Cowboys
4) Texas Tech Red Raiders
5) Baylor Bears
6) Texas A&M Aggies




Even though this blog is dedicated to the entire Big 12, I have to say that I really wish the Nebraska Cornhuskers were not the favorite to win the Big 12 Northern Division. I think that both the Iowa State Cyclones and the Texas A&M Aggies are under-rated and Big 12 Conference fans should look forward to these teams moving up in the polls once the season starts. All I can say is that if it were up to me the Cornhuskers wouldn’t play in the Dr. Pepper Big 12 Championship Game in December, but for now only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment